Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beyond the Black Gate

Check this out: The Weird of Ironspell by John R. Fultz (with an illustration by Alex Sheikman, creator of the awesome ROBOTIKA), a piece of original fiction available on Black Gate, a fantasy magazine that rejected one of my stories a while back.

The Weird of Ironspell is a great example of short fiction: a thrilling narrative that evokes a larger story without having to go into all the details and emotionally real characters presented in very few words. More particularly, the story's conclusion is an entirely emotional experience... but I'll let you read it yourself to figure out exactly which emotion trumps what.

What are you waiting for? When I say short story, I mean short. You have no excuse not to follow the link above.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.

No comments: