Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Delay

NaNo Wordcount: 14,488

I just wanted to let you all know that there will be a real Burning Zeppelin post today, with content and everything. It will just be later than usual. I'm at work now, but I'm going to post a short story, which means posting from my home computer, which I didn't do this morning because I thought I had to rush out for a meeting (turns out I'm two weeks early). Also, last night I had insomnia and I was exhausted.

I know, I know, bitch bitch, moan moan - we don't care; where's our Burning Zeppelin!? Coming right up, this evening, as soon as I make it home, have something for dinner, and have a chance to reformat the short story from Word to html. Microsoft Word has this little problem where there is tons of hidden text in the document that screws everything up when I try to post it to this blog.

In the meantime, check out Book of Roads, my abortive attempt at serialized fiction from about six months ago. I learned the hard way that "serialized" means "with a real dedication to continuing it" and "even though you post as you write, make sure you're three episodes or more ahead before you open your big mouth." If there is enough in the way of clamor for continuing it, I may even consider it.

Anyway, see you this evening.

No comments: