Friday, February 20, 2009

Short Friday Post

At the end of yesterday's post I made a closing comment that I could gleefully write a story about a vampire paladin and his tarot-card reading ghost girlfriend. Well, Montgomery Mullen over at Paper and Dice got that started for me.

I am amused and honored beyond all reason. Mister Mullen, you have helped make a hard day very pleasant. I'm going to have to think about this for a while, and then (who am I kidding?) I'm going to have to pick up where he left off. Of course, I'll keep all of you informed on how this particular mad idea goes.

And all of you, if you don't already read Paper and Dice, go do so immediately! I can say without reservation that the author is an artist and a gentleman.

4 comments:

Albert said...

Wait, how do you know Monte? Or how did he find you? Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a strange connection of two parts of my social network that I didn't realize were connected...

Anonymous said...

I'm having the exact same experience. You know Montegomery Mullen?

IIRC, I ran into him via the blogosphere. One of my blogspot followers follows him too, and I decided to check it out.

Say, I don't suppose you could help me arrange to meet this fellow in person, could you. That would be pretty cool.

Montgomery Mullen said...

The internet makes the world very small.

Mark, I'm near San Jose, so I'm not very far at all from you. If you want to meet up sometime, let me know. I'd be happy to. Drop me a line.

Also, you are welcome, re: the story. I enjoy spinning ideas off and from other writers to a degree which is likely unhealthy.

...also, hi there, Albert.

-M

Anonymous said...

You're all on Ted/Merovingian's LJ friendslist, not that hard to connect. (I really like Albert's photos. I wonder if he's seen Joe Decker's LJ? San Jose, nature photographer, gives classes, also friend-of-Ted.)