Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Redlines II: Son of Redlines

It's that time again!

My redlines came in on Tuesday, but I opted to let you all know about Erika Moen's brilliant comic instead. Today, however, I'm out of excuses, so a redlines reflection it is.

As expected, this contract's redlines were a little thicker than last times. One section is pretty solid, with only the usual comments - an awkward sentence here, a little passive voice there, a math error (long story), over here, and so on - but the other will need some serious revisions. My boss and I are going to have some brainstorming sessions as soon as I finish the easy updates on Section One. I'm not stressed about my ability to succeed, I'm only slightly stressed about time. My final drafts are due March 1st, and I'm going to be crazy busy all weekend. That means I have today and tomorrow to finish my edits... exciting!

I know I can do it, though. A little stress is good for me.

As usual, my boss is awesome: a warm, friendly professional who treats me like a professional. He lets it show in his redlines, which makes them very rewarding to read, even when it means I have a lot of work ahead of me.

That's it for today's post. I have a lot of work ahead of me, since I need to stay current in my job search and make progress on the redlines.

Before I close today's post, however, since this is an update, I want to let you all know that it is incredibly likely that there will be no post on Friday. If there is a post, it will be very short. The busy weekend mentioned above begins on Friday and ends on Sunday. However, there will be a post tomorrow, and we will be back with more Burning Zeppelin goodness on Monday, as scheduled.

No comments: